Tuesday, March 24, 2020

Silver Linings

I've been going through the cycle over and over the last couple days (if you don't know what I'm referring to, go back a couple posts).  Today, with the sun shining and the kids racing their bikes up and down the street in front of our house, I decided I needed to focus more on the silver linings.  So here is my Top 10 list of the good happening right now:

1. More time with the kids.  As much as they drive me crazy on the daily, being there as they go through their moods and being together has helped us be more patient. I think.

2. More time with the husband.  I love my guy.  And now I get to see him all day.  Even with the gross mustache.

3. Time to read.  I actually took some time today in the middle of the day to sit in the sun and read. For fun.

4. Time to run errands.  Yes, I know we are social distancing so I really tried to keep my errands focused on essentials - running to the preschool to grab Dylan's work drawer, grabbing meds from my mom, picking up a prescription, and dropping off the donations to the Food bank.  Hand sanitizer was used regularly.

5. Not so much stress.  During a regular school day, I'm inundated with emails and drop-bys and paper work and grading and teaching and planning and all that.  I feel like there's time to breath. 

6. More families out walking.  I swear I had no idea there were so many families in this neighborhood but they are walking all throughout the day!  It's awesome!

7. Quiet time.  Yes, we implemented quiet time.  Right after lunch.  It.  Is.  Awesome.

8.  Tea Time.  Yep - did this too.  At 4:00 the kids get a light snack to get them through to dinner coupled with a cup of tea or hot chocolate. I'm loving this.

9. Letting us all sleep in.  The kids are getting an extra hour of sleep than they normally do as am I and it feels really good!!

and

10. Seeing how resilient our students are and how adaptable they've become.  It's been hilarious to video chat with them or listen to my husband's video chats with his kids or even our kids' video chat with their teacher.  They are still our kids and still goofy and still hilarious and even more amazing because they are embracing this challenge head on. 

A little positivity never hurt anyone. :) Enjoy!

1 comment: